Senior Living in Bardwell, Texas
Top zip codes in Bardwell, TX: 75101
- Bardwell scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Bardwell scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baylor Medical Center At Waxahachie, Ennis Regional Medical Center, and Ennis Regional Medical Center.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation - Ennis, Brookdale Ennis, and Ennis Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Waxahachie Country Club, Ennis Country Club, and Lakeside Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including High View Park, Bluebonnet City Park, and Kachine Prairie Park.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Baptist Church, First Baptist Church-Waxahacie, and Ferris Avenue Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $45,038, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $33,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,628, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.24%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bardwell receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bardwell has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bardwell has an average population density of 784.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bardwell have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bardwell has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 55.37%.