Senior Living in Barnard, Missouri
Top zip codes in Barnard, MO: 64423
- Barnard scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Barnard scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Francis Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bristol Manor of Maryville, South Ave Group Home, and Parkdale Manor Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Maryville Country Club, Mozingo Lake Golf Course, and Stanberry Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Maryville Park Maintenance and Nature Park).
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Rosendale Christian Church).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,150, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,667, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,310, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $25,350 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $54,750 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,682 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.68%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barnard receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Barnard has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Barnard has a very sparse population density of 10.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barnard have a short daily commute time.
- Barnard has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.84%.