Senior Living in Barnesville, Ohio
Top zip codes in Barnesville, OH: 43713
- Barnesville scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Barnesville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Barnesville Hospital Association, Inc).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Barnesville Healthcare Center , Walton Retirement Home, and Emerald Pointe Health and Rehab Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Whiskey Run Golf Course & Lodge, Crooked Creek Golf Course, and Switzerland of Ohio Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Barnesville Memorial Park, Barkcamp State Park, and Dysart Woods Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Church of the Assumption, and Somerton Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.82% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,664, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,994, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,423, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.31%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barnesville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Barnesville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Barnesville has a very sparse population density of 81.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barnesville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Barnesville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.82%.