Senior Living in Barnesville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Barnesville, PA: 18214
- Barnesville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Barnesville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shenandoah Senior Living Community, Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course, Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Tuscarora State Park and Locust Lake State Park).
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, Searing David A, and All Saints Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,793, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,865, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,956, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.39%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barnesville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Barnesville has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Barnesville has a very sparse population density of 86.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barnesville have a long daily commute time.
- Barnesville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.77%.