Senior Living in Barnet, Vermont
Top zip codes in Barnet, VT: 05821
- Barnet scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Barnet scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital and Northeastern Vermont Reg Hosp).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Johnsbury House, Sunset Home, and Canterbury Inn.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Johnsbury Country Club, Lisbon Village Country Club, and Sunset Hill Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Sugar Ridge RV Village-Campground, Big Deer State Park Campground, and Stephen Huneck Gallery @ Dog Mountain.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Presbyterian Church of Barnet, East Peacham Baptist Church, and Peacham Congregational Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,689, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,188, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,223, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.59%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barnet receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Barnet has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Barnet has a very sparse population density of 36.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barnet have a long daily commute time.
- Barnet has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.98%.