Senior Living in Barnum, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Barnum, MN: 55707
- Barnum scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Barnum scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercy Hospital & Health Care Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pine Tree Haven, Augustana Mercy Care Center, and Oakview Residential Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Twenty Nine Pines Golf Course, Pine Hill Golf Club, and Moose Lake Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Bent Trout Lake Campground, Park Lake Resort and Campground, and Moose Lake City Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Arrow Head Baptist Association, and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,863, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,139, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,120, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,690 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,042 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,957 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.45%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barnum receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Barnum has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Barnum has a very sparse population density of 21.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barnum have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Barnum has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.91%.