Senior Living in Barre, Vermont
Top zip codes in Barre, VT: 05641
- Barre scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Barre scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Central Vermont Medical Center and Central Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lincoln House, Barre Housing Authority, and Woodridge Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club of Barre, Montpelier Elks Country Club, and Northfield Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including U-32 High School Wood Lot, Green Valley Campground, and Seyon Ranch.
- There are 66 churches in or near the city, including New Life Community Church, St Sylvester Catholic Church, and Church of Christ Montpelier.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.32% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,100, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,557, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,281, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.45%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barre receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Barre has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Barre has a sparse population density of 317.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barre have a short daily commute time.
- Barre has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.65%.