Senior Living in Barrington, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Barrington, RI: 02806
- Barrington scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Barrington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Emma Pendleton Bradley Hosp, Women And Infants Hospital Of Rhode Island, and Rhode Island Hospital.
- There are 116 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Atria Bay Spring Village, The Daniel Child House, and Brookdale East Bay.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 693 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 119 golf courses in or around the city, including Rhode Island Country Club, Silver Spring Golf Course, and Seaview Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Roger Williams Park Zoo, India Point Park, and Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum.
- There are 490 churches in or near the city, including Barrington Baptist Church, Temple Habonim Barrington Ctr, and St John\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 349 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 228 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.23% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $132,397, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $98,612, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,838, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.54%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barrington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Barrington has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Barrington has a dense population density of 1,985.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barrington have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Barrington has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.57%.