Senior Living in Barron, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Barron, WI: 54812
- Barron scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Barron scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Luther Midelfort- Northland Mayo Health System).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Barron Care and Rehab, Mayo Clinic Health System-Northland In Barron, and Dove Healthcare Barron Assisted Living.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Oaks Golf Club, Pine Crest Golf, and Sunset View Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Barron Motel & RV Campground, Veterans Memorial Park, and Wolff\'s Den RV Campground.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Abundant Life Church, and Assembly of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,114, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,082, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,178, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.02%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barron receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Barron has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Barron has a very sparse population density of 62.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barron have a very short daily commute time.
- Barron has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.45%.