Senior Living in Barrytown, New York
Top zip codes in Barrytown, NY: 12507
- Barrytown scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Barrytown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northern Dutchess Hospital, Kingston Hospital, and Benedictine Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ten Broeck Commons, Northeast Center For Rehabilitation and Brain Injury, and Ferncliff Nursing Home Co.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 84 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Edgewood Club of Tivoli, Red Hook Golf Club, and Thomas Carvel Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Poet\'s Walk Park, Opus 40, and Bristol Beach.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including King\'s Fire Intl, Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $5,451, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.52%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barrytown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Barrytown has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Barrytown has a sparse population density of 119.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barrytown have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Barrytown has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.