Senior Living in Barryville, New York
Top zip codes in Barryville, NY: 12719
- Barryville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Barryville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Twin Cedar\'s Senior Living, Belle Reve Senior Living, and Reve Belle Senior Living Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 54 golf courses in or around the city, including Par 3 Course at Eddy Farm Hotel & Resort, Cliff Park Inn & Golf Course, and Island Glen Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kittatinny Campgrounds & Barryville Base, Camp Simcha, and Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, St Ann\'s Church, and St Luke\'s Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,279, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,850, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,956, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.58%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barryville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Barryville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Barryville has a very sparse population density of 70.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barryville have a very long daily commute time.
- Barryville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.20%.