Senior Living in Barton, Ohio
Top zip codes in Barton, OH: 43905
- Barton scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Barton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bhc Fox Run Hospital, East Ohio Regional Hospital, and Belmont Community Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including House of Hearts, Lancia Nursing Homes - Belmont Manor, and Sienna Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Belmont Hills Country Club, Crooked Creek Golf Course, and Paradise Hills Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Oglebay Resort and Conference Center, Barkcamp State Park, and Wheeling Park.
- There are 82 churches in or near the city, including Colerain Presbyterian Church, St Paul Lutheran Church, and Churches Colerain Presbyterian.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.82% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,969, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,142, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,771, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Barton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Barton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Barton has an average population density of 612.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Barton have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Barton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.17%.