Senior Living in Bartonsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bartonsville, PA: 18321
- Bartonsville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bartonsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Penn Estates Home Owners Association, Whitestone Care Center, and Weston Senior Living Center at Hillcrest.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 57 golf courses in or around the city, including Cherry Valley Golf Course, Glen Brook Country Club, and Evergreen Park Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Tannersville Cranberry Bog Preserve, Pocono Vacation Park, and Big Pocono State Park.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Smith J Christoph, Kees Gail H, and Felske Trissel L.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,039, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,032, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,361, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.83%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bartonsville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bartonsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bartonsville has an average population density of 624.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bartonsville have an average daily commute time.
- Bartonsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.73%.