Senior Living in Basalt, Idaho
Top zip codes in Basalt, ID: 83218
- Basalt scores lower than the Idaho average of 64.
- Basalt scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, Mountain View Hospital, and Idaho Falls Recovery Center.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gables of Shelley, The Gables of Shelley, and Safe Haven of Shelley, Assisted Living Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Idaho Falls Country Club, Sand Creek Golf Course, and Blackfoot Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including North Bingham County Park, Shelley Parks & Recreation, and Sealander Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Christ King Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $44,220, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,639, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,446, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,970 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,870 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.45%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Basalt receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Basalt has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Basalt has an average population density of 842.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Basalt have an average daily commute time.
- Basalt has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.47%.