Senior Living in Bascom, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bascom, OH: 44809
- Bascom scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bascom scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Tiffin Hospital, Mercy Hospital Of Tiffin, and Fostoria Community Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elmwood Assisted Living at The Shawhan, Future Horizon of Tiffin, and Pearl Martin Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Seneca Hills Golf Course, Clinton Heights Golf Course, and Mohawk Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Meadowbrook Park, Hedges-Boyer Park, and Walnut Grove Campground.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including All Saints Catholic Church, First Church of Nazarene, and Fostoria Assembly of God.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,708, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,394, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,097, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.35%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bascom receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bascom has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bascom has an average population density of 918.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bascom have a short daily commute time.
- Bascom has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.