Senior Living in Baskin, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Baskin, LA: 71219
- Baskin scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Baskin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Richardson Medical Center and Richardson Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Rayville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Inc., and Charlyn Rehab and Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Oaks Golf & Country Club, Caldwell Country Club, and Chennault Park Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Taylor Gifts Galore).
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Adile Baptist Church, Another Helping Hand, and Abundant Life Full Gospel Fellowship.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,144, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $29,500, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,860, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,225 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $30,888 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.98%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baskin receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Baskin has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Baskin has a very sparse population density of 21.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baskin have a very long daily commute time.
- Baskin has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 65.69%.