Senior Living in Basom, New York
Top zip codes in Basom, NY: 14013
- Basom scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Basom scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Medina Memorial Hospital, United Memorial Medical Center, and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Orchard Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Orleans Community Health Skilled Nursing Home, and Genesee Park Place Associate.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Dande Farms Golf Course, Gold/White Course at Rothland Golf Course, and Red/Gold Course at Rothland Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and Darien Lake Amusement Park).
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Alabama & Basom United Methodist Church, St Cecilia\'s Roman Catholic, and Presbyterian Oakfield Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,315, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,719, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,375, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.26%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Basom receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Basom has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Basom has a very sparse population density of 43.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Basom have a long daily commute time.
- Basom has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.36%.