Senior Living in Bastrop, Texas
Top zip codes in Bastrop, TX: 78602
- Bastrop scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Bastrop scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lakeside Hospital At Bastrop).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bastrop Lost Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Silver Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation, L.P. , and Seton Towers Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Colo Vista Country Club, Pine Forest Golf Club, and Lost Pines Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Ferry Park, Bastrop / SE Austin / Colorado River KOA, and Mayfest Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and Calvary Episcopal Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.74% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,497, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,030, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,043, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,284 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $84,133 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,489 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bastrop receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bastrop has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Bastrop has a sparse population density of 130.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bastrop have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bastrop has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.61%.