Senior Living in Batavia, Iowa
Top zip codes in Batavia, IA: 52533
- Batavia scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Batavia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Ottumwa Regional Health Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunnybrook of Fairfield, Fairfield Care, and Sunny Brook Home Care - Fairfield Office.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedar Creek Golf Course, Ottumwa Country Club, and Walton Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Jefferson County Park, Central Park, and Waterworks Park.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Peoples Church of Batavia, Batavia United Methodist Church, and Assembly of God Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.31% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,569, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,047, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,122, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.60%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Batavia receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Batavia has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Batavia has a very sparse population density of 13.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Batavia have a short daily commute time.
- Batavia has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.02%.