Senior Living in Batavia, Illinois
Top zip codes in Batavia, IL: 60510
- Batavia scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Batavia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Delnor Community Hospital, Provena Mercy Medical Center, and Copley Memorial Hospital.
- There are 109 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Covenant Health Care Center Batavia, Batavia Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and North Aurora Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 605 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 169 golf courses in or around the city, including Fox Valley Golf Club, Settler\'s Hill Golf Course, and Geneva Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Fabyan Villa Museum, McDowell Grove, and St. James Farm Forest Preserve.
- There are 198 churches in or near the city, including Logan Street Baptist Church, Holy Cross Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 199 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 174 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $107,998, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $89,185, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,236, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Batavia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Batavia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Batavia has an average population density of 1,113.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Batavia have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Batavia has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.48%.