Senior Living in Batavia, New York
Top zip codes in Batavia, NY: 14020
- Batavia scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Batavia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (United Memorial Medical Center and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Batavia Health Care Center, New York State Veterans\' Home at Batavia, and Genesee County Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including East/North Course at Terry Hills Golf Course, Stafford Country Club, and Carter\'s Sweetland Pines Par 3 Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Darien Lake Amusement Park).
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Sacred Heart Church, and St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,431, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,948, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,737, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.95%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Batavia receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Batavia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Batavia has a sparse population density of 337.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Batavia have a very short daily commute time.
- Batavia has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.80%.