Senior Living in Batchtown, Illinois
Top zip codes in Batchtown, IL: 62006
- Batchtown scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Batchtown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Calhoun Nursing and Rehab Center, Winfield Residential Care Facility, and Bristol Manor of Elsberry.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Sun Valley Golf Course, Wolves Crossing Golf Course, and Westlake Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Upper Mississippi Conservation Area, Pere Marquette State Park, and Pere Marquette Lodge & Conference Center.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Fieldon United Church-Christ, Asbury United Methodist Church, and Asbury United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,154, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,828, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,835, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.21%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Batchtown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Batchtown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Batchtown has a very sparse population density of 22.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Batchtown have a very long daily commute time.
- Batchtown has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.35%.