Senior Living in Batesville, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Batesville, AR: 72501
- Batesville scores lower than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Batesville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (White River Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including White River Medical Center Palliative Care, Wood-Lawn Heights, and Batesville Health and Rehab.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Batesville Municipal Golf Course, The Course at Eagle Mountain, and Batesville Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Hidden Valley Campground, Speedway RV Park, and Batesville Parks & Recreation.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Southside Church of Christ, First Assembly of God, and Adams David Reverend.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,103, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,370, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,406, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,750 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,138 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,420 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,347 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.27%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Batesville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Batesville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Batesville has a very sparse population density of 82.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Batesville have a very short daily commute time.
- Batesville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.19%.