Senior Living in Batesville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Batesville, IN: 47006
- Batesville scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Batesville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Margaret Mary Community Hospital Inc).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Waters of Batesville, Chateau of Batesville, and St. Andrews Health Campus.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Cricket Ridge Golf Course, Hillcrest Country Club, and Indian Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Liberty Park and Indian Lakes RV Campground).
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, Adams Christian Daycare & Preschool, and Adams Church Parsonage.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,009, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,112, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,784, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.23%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Batesville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Batesville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Batesville has a sparse population density of 113.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Batesville have a very short daily commute time.
- Batesville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.76%.