Senior Living in Bath, Maine
Top zip codes in Bath, ME: 04530
- Bath scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Bath scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mid Coast Hospital, Mid Coast Hospital, and Parkview Hospital.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Plant Memorial Home, Winship Green Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and Sunnybrook Village.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Bath Country Club, Brunswick Golf Club, and Naval Air Station Brunswick Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Thomas Point Beach & Campground, Pennellville Historic District, and Chewonki Campground.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Elim Assembly of God, Church of Nazarene, and Vineyard Christian Fellowship.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,296, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,212, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,596, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.47%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bath receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bath has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bath has a sparse population density of 376.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bath have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bath has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.54%.