Senior Living in Bath, Michigan
Top zip codes in Bath, MI: 48808
- Bath scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Bath scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Edward W Sparrow Hospital and Ingham Regional Medical Center).
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Addies Place, The Willows at East Lansing, and A Family Affair Senior Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 181 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Chardell Golf Course, Back 9/Middle 9 Course at Hawk Hollow Golf Course, and Four Winds Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Timber Ridge Golf Club, Rose Lake State Wildlife Research Area, and Lake Lansing Park North.
- There are 260 churches in or near the city, including Bath Baptist Church, St Thomas Aquinas, and St John\'s Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 93 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,944, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,396, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,986, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $108,770 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.43%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bath receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bath has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bath has a sparse population density of 210.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bath have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bath has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.59%.