Senior Living in Bath, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Bath, NH: 03740
- Bath scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Bath scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cottage Hospital and Cottage Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grafton County Nursing Home, Frances Atkinson Residence For The Retired, and Lafayette Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Lisbon Village Country Club, Sunset Hill Golf Course, and Bradford Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Littleton / Lisbon KOA, Bedell Bridge State Park, and Crazy Horse Campground.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Bailey Noel Rev, Wells River Congregational Church U C C, and St Joseph\'s Church Rectory.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,738, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,618, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,100, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.18%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bath receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bath has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bath has a very sparse population density of 26.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bath have a long daily commute time.
- Bath has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.87%.