Senior Living in Bath, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bath, PA: 18014
- Bath scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bath scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg, Coordinated Health Orthopedic Hospital, and Allentown State Hospital.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alexandria Manor of Bath, Moravian Hall Square, and Alexandria Manor Senior Living Centers - Nazareth 1.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 292 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Whitetail Golf Club, Southmoore Golf Course, and Woodstone Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Moore Township Recreation Fields, Jacobsburg State Park, and Coplay Cement Kilns.
- There are 194 churches in or near the city, including Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 180 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 117 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,909, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,694, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,698, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.50%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bath receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bath has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bath has a sparse population density of 341.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bath have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bath has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.95%.