Senior Living in Bath, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Bath, SD: 57427
- Bath scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Bath scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Avera St Lukes and Dakota Plains Surgical Center Llp).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gellhaus Carehaus , Primrose Retirement Communities, and Primrose Retirement Community.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 4 golf courses in or around the city, including Olive Grove Golf Course, Aberdeen Links Golf Course, and Lee Park Golf Course.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Roosevelt Park, Sunshine Park, and Kuhnert Arboretum.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Church of God Family Worship, Church of God, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,547, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,024, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,376, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bath receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bath has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bath has a very sparse population density of 10.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bath have a very short daily commute time.
- Bath has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.24%.