Senior Living in Battle Creek, Iowa
Top zip codes in Battle Creek, IA: 51006
- Battle Creek scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Battle Creek scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Horn Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Willow Dale Wellness Village, Golden Horizons, Ida Grove Assisted Living & Memory Care, and Morningside Healthcare Community.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Ida Grove Golf & Country Club, Schleswig Golf Course, and Correctionville Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Crawford Creek County Recreation Area, Moorehead Pioneer Park, and Cobb Memorial Park.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (St Mary\'s Catholic Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.37% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,665, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,578, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,279, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.75%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Battle Creek receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Battle Creek has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Battle Creek has a very sparse population density of 13.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Battle Creek have a short daily commute time.
- Battle Creek has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.12%.