Senior Living in Bauxite, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Bauxite, AR: 72011
- Bauxite scores significantly higher than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Bauxite scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Saline Memorial Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alcoa Pines Health and Rehabilitation, Southern Trace Rehabilitation and Care Center, and Benton Residential Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakeview Golf & Country Club, Longhills Golf Course, and Trace Creek Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Bryant Parks & Recreation Department, City of Bryant Bishop Park, and Wilbur Mills Park.
- There are 54 churches in or near the city, including Sardis United Methodist Church, West Bauxite Baptist Church, and Grace Baptist Church Study.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,961, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,714, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,196, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,250 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,050 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,612 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.91%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bauxite receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bauxite has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bauxite has a very sparse population density of 72.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bauxite have a long daily commute time.
- Bauxite has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.84%.