Senior Living in Baxter, Iowa
Top zip codes in Baxter, IA: 50028
- Baxter scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Baxter scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Skiff Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Baxter Health Care Center, Newton Village, and Newton Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Harvester Golf Club, The, Westwood Golf Club, and Newton Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Maytag Park, Mariposa County Park, and Agnes Patterson Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Newton Church of Way, Grace Church of Newton, and First Assembly of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.05% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,321, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,250, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,289, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.06%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baxter receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Baxter has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Baxter has a very sparse population density of 37.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baxter have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Baxter has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.65%.