Senior Living in Baxter, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Baxter, WV: 26560
- Baxter scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Baxter scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Fairmont General Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fazio\'s Elder Care, Saint Barbara\'s Memorial Nursing Home, and Chandler House.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including White Day Golf Club, Green Hills Country Club, and Fairmont Field Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Prickett\'s Creek Campground, Little Indian Creek Wildlife Management Area, and Grandview Memorial Park & Mausoleum.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Assembly of God, Katy Church of God of Prophecy, and First Church of Nazarene.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $13,878, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baxter receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Baxter has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Baxter has an average population density of 1,096.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baxter have a very short daily commute time.
- Baxter has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.