Senior Living in Bay Pines, Florida
Top zip codes in Bay Pines, FL: 33744
- Bay Pines scores significantly higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Bay Pines scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bay Pines Va Medical Center, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and Northside Hospital.
- There are 190 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Bay Pines, Bay Pines Manor, and Sea Horse Mobile Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 687 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (51% of residents).
- There are 95 golf courses in or around the city, including Tides Golf Club, Bayou Club, and Seminole Lake Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including St. Petersburg / Madeira Beach KOA, Sunken Gardens, and Williams Park.
- There are 194 churches in or near the city, including Church By the Sea, Seminole First Baptist Church, and St Anne of Grace Episcopal Chr.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 294 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $18,542, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,450 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,057 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bay Pines receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bay Pines has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bay Pines has a sparse population density of 256.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bay Pines have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bay Pines has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.42%.