Senior Living in Bay Village, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bay Village, OH: 44140
- Bay Village scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bay Village scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St John Medical Center, Lakewood Hospital, and Fairview Hospital.
- There are 111 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Huntington Woods Care and Rehab Center, West Bay Center, and Gardens at Westlake Senior Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 350 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including Red/White Course at Westlake Meadowood Golf Course, Hilliard Lakes Golf Club, and Lakewood Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Bain Park, Rocky River Nature Center, and Rocky River Reservation.
- There are 176 churches in or near the city, including Bethesda On the Bay Lutheran, St Raphael Catholic Church, and St Barnabas Episcopal Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 240 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.45% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $104,154, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $80,498, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,317, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bay Village receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bay Village has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bay Village has a dense population density of 3,427.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bay Village have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bay Village has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.51%.