Senior Living in Bayard, Iowa
Top zip codes in Bayard, IA: 50029
- Bayard scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Bayard scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Guthrie County Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Thomas Rest Haven, The New Homestead & Homestead Acres, and Country View Estates.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Guthrie Center Golf Club, Coon Rapids Country Club, and Lakeside Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Whiterock Conservancy, Springbrook State Park, and Conservation Education Center.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Lighthouse Assembly of God, Annunciation Catholic Church, and Ascension Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,449, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,893, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,540, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.05%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bayard receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bayard has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bayard has a very sparse population density of 17.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bayard have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bayard has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.17%.