Senior Living in Bayport, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Bayport, MN: 55003
- Bayport scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Bayport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lakeview Memorial Hospital, Hudson Hospital, and Hudson Hospital.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Croixdale, Boutwells Landing Care Center - The Gables, and Oak Ridge Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 190 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 107 golf courses in or around the city, including Applewood Hills Golf Course, Indian Hills Golf Course, and Oak Glen Country Club (Eighteen Course at Oak Glen Country Club).
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including St. Croix Boom Site, Willow River State Park, and St Paul East RV Park.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem Lutheran Church, People\'s Congregational Church, and St Charles Catholic Church.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 75 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 72 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,023, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,852, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,267, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.93%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bayport receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bayport has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bayport has a dense population density of 1,663.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bayport have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bayport has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.64%.