Senior Living in Baytown, Texas
- Baytown scores significantly lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Baytown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (San Jacinto Methodist Hospital and Baycoast Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Senior Care Centers - Baytown Nursing and Rehab Center, Remington Park, and The Waterford at Baytown.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Goose Creek Country Club, Evergreen Point Golf Course, and Eagle Pointe Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Crespo & Jirrels Funeral and Cremation Services, Houston East RV Resort, and Galveston Bay RV Resort.
- There are 73 churches in or near the city, including Baker Road Baptist Church, Baptist Temple, and First Baptist Church Baytown.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 70 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,335, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,376, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,906, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.24%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Baytown receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Baytown has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Baytown has an average population density of 1,359.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Baytown have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Baytown has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 76.55%.