Senior Living in Beach City, Ohio
Top zip codes in Beach City, OH: 44608
- Beach City scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Beach City scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Union Hospital, Affinity Medical Center, and Doctors Hospital Of Stark Cnty.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Lawn Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care, Inc., Brewster Parke Senior Living Community, and Brewster Parke Senior Living Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Wilkshire Golf Course, Union Country Club, and Zoar Village Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Baylor Beach Park Inc, Beach City Wildlife Area, and Foxfield Preserve Nature Cemetery.
- There are 70 churches in or near the city, including Beach City United Methodist, Lawson Robert R, and Brewster-Wilmot Methodist.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.21% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,075, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,265, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,572, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,740 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,673 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.05%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beach City receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Beach City has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Beach City has a sparse population density of 122.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beach City have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Beach City has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.06%.