Senior Living in Beachwood, Ohio
Top zip codes in Beachwood, OH: 44122
- Beachwood scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Beachwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including South Pointe Hospital, South Pointe Hospital, and Hillcrest Hospital.
- There are 139 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Beachwood Pointe Care Center, Park East Center, and Shaker Gardens Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 754 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 132 golf courses in or around the city, including Beechmont Country Club, Blue Course at Highland Park Golf Course, and Canterbury Golf Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Shaker Heights Thornton Park, Achievement Centers for Children, and Cain Park.
- There are 451 churches in or near the city, including Bethesda Baptist Church, St Dominic Church, and Christ Episcopal Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 396 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 206 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.45% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $111,758, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,010, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $47,151, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.37%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beachwood receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Beachwood has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Beachwood has a dense population density of 2,583.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beachwood have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Beachwood has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.45%.