Senior Living in Beacon, New York
Top zip codes in Beacon, NY: 12508
- Beacon scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Beacon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Craig House Center, St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital, and Keller Army Community Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wingate at Beacon, Elant at Fishkill, and McClelland Home For Adults.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 88 golf courses in or around the city, including Southern Dutchess Country Club, Fishkill Golf Course, and Powelton Club, The.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Downing Park, Storm King State Park, and Algonquin Park.
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, Christ United Methodist Church, and Our Lady of Loretto Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 118 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,085, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,710, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,064, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.40%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beacon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Beacon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Beacon has an average population density of 1,365.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beacon have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Beacon has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.85%.