Senior Living in Beaman, Iowa
Top zip codes in Beaman, IA: 50609
- Beaman scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Beaman scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Grundy County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oakview, Oak Estates, and Westbrook Acres.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Oakwood Public Golf Course, Town & Country Golf Club, and Oak Leaf Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Union Grove State Park, Brekke Memorial County Park, and Gutknecht Roadside Park.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Alice Church of God, Alice Church of God, and Alice Church of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.07% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,646, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,361, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,481, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,600 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,373 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.50%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beaman receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Beaman has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Beaman has a very sparse population density of 13.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beaman have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Beaman has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.73%.