Senior Living in Bear Creek, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bear Creek, PA: 18602
- Bear Creek scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bear Creek scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Hospital Of Wilkes-barre, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ida P Weitz Boarding Home, Golden LivingCenter - East Mountain, and Timber Ridge Health Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (50% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Wilkes-Barre Golf Club, Mountain Laurel Golf Club, and Mountain Laurel Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Seven Tubs Nature Area, Kirby Park, and Nescopeck State Park.
- There are 84 churches in or near the city, including St Elizabeth\'s Rectory, Rectory St Joseph\'s, and Holy Rosary Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 78 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $140,099, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $101,528, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $67,156, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.83%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bear Creek receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bear Creek has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bear Creek has a sparse population density of 132.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bear Creek have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bear Creek has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.93%.