Senior Living in Bear, Delaware
Top zip codes in Bear, DE: 19701
- Bear scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- Bear scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Christiana Care Health Services, Inc., Rockford Center, and Delaware Psychiatric Center.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Liberty Terrace, Arbors at New Castle, and Jeanne Jugan Residence.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 334 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Cavaliers Country Club, Vince\'s Sport Center Par 3 Golf Course, and Van De Grift Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Lums Pond State Park, Fort Delaware State Park, and Fort Mott State Park.
- There are 249 churches in or near the city, including Fairwinds Baptist Church, Liberty Baptist Church, and St Elizabeth Ann Seton.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 146 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 100 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Delaware has an average state income tax of 4.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,035, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,432, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,046, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.24%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bear receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bear has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bear has an average population density of 1,472.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bear have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bear has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.43%.