Senior Living in Beaufort, South Carolina
- Beaufort scores lower than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Beaufort scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Beaufort County Memorial Hospital and Naval Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morningside of Beaufort, Morningside of Beaufort, and Summit Place of Beaufort.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Marsh Course at Golf Professionals Club, The, Secession Golf Club, and South Carolina National Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Beaufort Parks Division, Charles Lind Brown Center, and Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Baptist Church of Beaufort, Kingdom Hall-Jehovah\'s Witness, and Beaufort Church of God.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,852, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,745, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,739, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,400 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,338 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,280 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,574 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.86%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beaufort receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Beaufort has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Beaufort has a dense population density of 3,200.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beaufort have a short daily commute time.
- Beaufort has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.50%.