Senior Living in Beaumont, Texas
- Beaumont scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Beaumont scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Christus Hospital, Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, and Daybreak Residential Center.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Beaumont Healthcare Center, MGS Community Living Centers, and Clairmont Beaumont.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 178 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Brentwood Country Club, Rabbit Run At Brooks Road, and Beaumont Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Central Senior High School Baseball Field, Rogers Park, and Central Park.
- There are 108 churches in or near the city, including Trinity United Methodist Chr, Christ Community Church, and Praise Christian Ctr.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,373, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,497, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,801, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,088 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,100 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,053 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.32%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beaumont receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Beaumont has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Beaumont has an average population density of 1,397.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beaumont have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Beaumont has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.26%.