Senior Living in Beaver Meadows, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Beaver Meadows, PA: 18216
- Beaver Meadows scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Beaver Meadows scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Pavilion at St. Luke Village, The Manor at St. Luke Village, and Heritage Hill Senior Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Rock Resort, Edgewood in the Pines, and Sand Springs Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Sandy Valley Campground, Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River, and Lehigh Gorge State Park.
- There are 49 churches in or near the city, including Salem United Church of Christ, Zions Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Our Lady of Lourdes.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,358, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,313, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,229, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.95%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beaver Meadows receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Beaver Meadows has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Beaver Meadows has a sparse population density of 206.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beaver Meadows have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Beaver Meadows has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.20%.