Senior Living in Beaver, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Beaver, PA: 15009
- Beaver scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Beaver scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Heritage Valley Beaver, Aliquippa Community Hospital, and East Liverpool City Hospital.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Villa St. Joseph , Friendship Ridge, and Five Star Quality Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 158 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 100 golf courses in or around the city, including Seven Oaks Country Club, Deer Trails Country Club, and Running Brook Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Bradys Run County Park, Boy Scouts Camp Baker, and Crawford\'s Camping Park.
- There are 122 churches in or near the city, including Hope Evangelical Lutheran Chr, Trinity Episcopal Church, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 66 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,847, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,680, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,825, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.36%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beaver receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Beaver has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Beaver has an average population density of 614.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beaver have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Beaver has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.34%.