Senior Living in Beaverdale, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Beaverdale, PA: 15921
- Beaverdale scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Beaverdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Windber Hospital and Upmc Lee Regional).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maple Winds Care Center and Autumns View Personal Care, Brookside Manor, and Johnstown Housing Authority.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Windber Country Club, Maple Crest Golf Course, and Richland Greens Golf Center.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Johnstown Flood National Memorial, Gallitzin State Forest, and Woodland Park.
- There are 72 churches in or near the city, including Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Beaverdale United Methodist, and Dunlo United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,053, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,188, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,116, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 32.22%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beaverdale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Beaverdale has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Beaverdale has an average population density of 535.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beaverdale have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Beaverdale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.43%.