Senior Living in Beavertown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Beavertown, PA: 17813
- Beavertown scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Beavertown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Richfield Senior Living Center, Richfield Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center, and Rolling Hills Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Shade Mountain Golf Club, Indian Run Golf Course, and Lost Creek Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Bald Eagle State Forest, Sunsational Family Campground, and Bald Eagle State Forest Joyce Kilmer Natural Area.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, St Pauls United Church of Christ, and God\'s Missionary Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,425, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,408, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,308, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.51%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beavertown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Beavertown has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Beavertown has a very sparse population density of 57.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beavertown have an average daily commute time.
- Beavertown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.32%.